FACULTY & STAFF
CORONAVIRUS: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Coronavirus, or COVID-19, continues to be an evolving situation, and we want to keep you informed about University of Delaware initiatives to prepare for and respond to this issue. Four people connected to the University of Delaware have tested positive for COVID-19.
Visit UD’s Coronavirus website for updated information, FAQs and guidance.
- Building Access Request Form
- COE Facilities
- COE Human Resources
- COE Procurement & Financial Processing
- COE Budget & Planning
- Dean’s Office. Where to find help within the Dean’s office.
- Human Resources. Onboarding information, benefits, and more.
- COE Information Technology. Services include file and print sharing, data backup and archives, web hosting, computer labs, technology consulting, and repair and maintenance services.
- COE Communications. College support for websites and other communications needs
- Webforms. Many tasks can be accomplished by completing a webform, including requesting sabbatical leave, conflict of interest disclosure, submitting a grade change, requesting to stop the tenure clock, or requesting a software license. See list of forms under Blanks tab.
- Webviews. Information about your pay and benefits is available in webviews.
- COE Research. describes research centers, focus areas, facilities, and undergraduate research.
- COE Research Administration
- UD Research Office. Funding opportunities, proposal writing and grant support, and much more.
- COE Machine Shop. Full-service research shop that provides machining, assembly, and fabrication services in support of research projects and instructional laboratories.
- College Bylaws. College constitution.
- Promotion and Tenure. College guidelines for promotion and tenure.
- Promotion and Tenure Referee Sample
- Procedures for Faculty Peer Reviews and Contract Renewals
- Procedures for Faculty Leave Requests and Stop the Clock Notifications
- Criteria for a Named Professorship
- Faculty Search Guidelines
- Joint Appointments
- Sponsored Programs
- Graduate Tuition
- College Infrastructure and Budget
University and Department Policies, Procedures and Guidelines
- University policies
- Faculty Handbook. Key resource informing faculty of major policies and regulations of UD.
- Collective Bargaining Agreementavailable fromÂ Employee and Labor Relations. Agreement between the administration of UD and the UD American Association of University Professors (AAUP).
- Dual Career Assistance. Brochure describing the services the university offers to assist spouses and partners of faculty moving to UD.
- Family Friendly Policies. Brochure outlining key family friendly policies for faculty at UD.
- Graduate Student Policies. Policies from the Graduate College.
- Department Policies. Key policies for each Department are available, including:Â
- Promotion and Tenure Documents
- Workload policies
- Merit metrics.
Faculty and Staff Programs
- 2020 Faculty Mentoring Workshops
- Faculty Mentoring Program. The College of Engineering faculty mentoring program assists new faculty in identifying and obtaining the resources and support that will help them to be successful.
- National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD). Attend webinars, workshops, or multi-week courses. Or sign up for weekly emails with helpful tips on how to be an effective faculty member. UD has an institutional membership, so it is free for all faculty to join. Just go to the website and click join!
- Faculty and staff awards. A number of prestigious awards are available to honor faculty and staff excellence.
- UD Faculty Accountability Program. Creates small supportive communities to help faculty succeed. These groups of no more than four professors and a coach meet for an hour every week during the fall semester to set writing goals, report on progress, and discuss effective strategies for navigating some of the challenges of academia.
- Overview of UD Resources for Teaching Online – The four core Faculty Commons partners (PCS, CTAL, ATS and the Library) prepared an Overview of UD Resources for Teaching Online to help our faculty feel even more comfortable teaching online by tapping existing resources at UD. The Overview has a quick reference chart of available training and other resources. It also has a “where do I start if I want to learn…” that guides instructors to the most appropriate teaching resource. Resources include self-paced asynchronous classes, short-courses, longer institutes, 1:1 consultations, guides etc.
- Inclusive Teaching – These six modules introduce evidence-based teaching and mentoring practices that support an inclusive climate.
- Office of Engineering Undergraduate Education includes information on undergraduate advisement, student development and support, and student organizations.
Center for Teaching and Assessment of Learning (CTAL). Many services and resources to support your teaching, including help with course design, engaging students, assessing student learning, and soliciting feedback.
Faculty Commons. Offers a variety of instructional assistance, including help with technology for the classroom. Visit the lounge in 116 Pearson Hall!
Graduate Student Advising Resources. Helpful, easy-to-use tools to promote productive, professional relationships between faculty and their graduate student advisees.
Registrar’s Office. Information on courses, grading, advising, transfer credit, and more.
- Diversity and Inclusion describes the many on-going activities related to diversity and inclusion and how faculty can get involved.
- Global Engineering provides resources to help faculty engage globally.
- Industry Partnerships. Opportunities and support for engagement with industry partners.
- Entrepreneurship activities. Resources available to support entrepreneurship among faculty and students.
- K-12 Engineering Outreach. Information to help faculty conduct outreach in the K-12 arena.
Other Helpful Links
- Office of the Provost. Chief academic officer.
- UD ADVANCE Institute. NSF-funded institute that aims to increase opportunities for UD’s women faculty. It provides many resources to support faculty.
- Faculty Senate. Coordinates faculty governance at UD.
- American Association of University Professors (AAUP). UD chapter of the AAUP represents full-time faculty members on the issues of wages, salaries, hours, vacations, sick leave, grievance procedures, sabbatical leaves and other terms and conditions of employment as set forth in the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).