FACULTY & STAFF
Welcome to the faculty and staff resources site for the College of Engineering! The purpose of this website is to provide current and prospective employees of our college with information related to frequently asked questions, forms and policies.
Please use the menu above to navigate to section applicable to your needs.
- COE Facilities
- COE Human Resources
- COE Procurement & Financial Processing
- COE Budget & Planning
- Dean’s Office. Where to find help within the Dean’s office.
- Human Resources. Onboarding information, benefits, and more.
- COE Information Technology. Services include file and print sharing, data backup and archives, web hosting, computer labs, technology consulting, and repair and maintenance services.
- COE Communications. College support for websites and other communications needs
- Webforms. Many tasks can be accomplished by completing a webform, including requesting sabbatical leave, conflict of interest disclosure, submitting a grade change, requesting to stop the tenure clock, or requesting a software license. See list of forms under Blanks tab.
- Webviews. Information about your pay and benefits is available in webviews.
- COE Research. describes research centers, focus areas, facilities, and undergraduate research.
- COE Research Administration
- UD Research Office. Funding opportunities, proposal writing and grant support, and much more.
- COE Machine Shop. Full-service research shop that provides machining, assembly, and fabrication services in support of research projects and instructional laboratories.
Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines
- University policies
- Faculty Handbook. Key resource informing faculty of major policies and regulations of UD.
- Collective Bargaining Agreement available from Employee and Labor Relations. Agreement between the administration of UD and the UD American Association of University Professors (AAUP).
- Dual Career Assistance. Brochure describing the services the university offers to assist spouses and partners of faculty moving to UD.
- Family Friendly Policies. Brochure outlining key family friendly policies for faculty at UD.
- Graduate Student Policies. Policies from the Graduate College.
- College of Engineering policies
- College Bylaws. College constitution.
- Promotion and Tenure. College guidelines for promotion and tenure.
- Promotion and Tenure Referee Sample
- Peer Reviews. All faculty are reviewed by their peers periodically as described in these guidelines.
- Joint Appointment Guidelines and Joint Appointment Sample Memo
- Sponsored Programs
- Graduate Tuition
- College Infrastructure and Budget
- Department Policies. Key policies for each Department are available, including:
- Promotion and Tenure Documents
- Workload policies
- Merit metrics
Faculty and Staff Programs
- Faculty Mentoring Program. The College of Engineering faculty mentoring program assists new faculty in identifying and obtaining the resources and support that will help them to be successful.
- National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD). Attend webinars, workshops, or multi-week courses. Or sign up for weekly emails with helpful tips on how to be an effective faculty member. UD has an institutional membership, so it is free for all faculty to join. Just go to the website and click join!
- Faculty and staff awards. A number of prestigious awards are available to honor faculty and staff excellence.
- UD Faculty Accountability Program. Creates small supportive communities to help faculty succeed. These groups of no more than four professors and a coach meet for an hour every week during the fall semester to set writing goals, report on progress, and discuss effective strategies for navigating some of the challenges of academia.
- Office of Engineering Undergraduate Education includes information on undergraduate advisement, student development and support, and student organizations.
- Center for Teaching and Assessment of Learning (CTAL). Many services and resources to support your teaching, including help with course design, engaging students, assessing student learning, and soliciting feedback.
- Faculty Commons. Offers a variety of instructional assistance, including help with technology for the classroom. Visit the lounge in 116 Pearson Hall!
- Graduate Student Advising Resources. Helpful, easy-to-use tools to promote productive, professional relationships between faculty and their graduate student advisees.
- Undergraduate Advising Resources, including the Blue Hen Success platform (BHS), which helps UD leverage data and manage advising resources to improve student success.
- Registrar’s Office. Information on courses, grading, advising, transfer credit, and more.
- Academic Calendar
- Diversity and Inclusion describes the many on-going activities related to diversity and inclusion and how faculty can get involved.
- Global Engineering provides resources to help faculty engage globally.
- Industry Partnerships. Opportunities and support for engagement with industry partners.
- Entrepreneurship activities. Resources available to support entrepreneurship among faculty and students.
- K-12 Engineering Outreach. Information to help faculty conduct outreach in the K-12 arena.
Other Helpful Links
- Office of the Provost. Chief academic officer.
- UD ADVANCE Institute. NSF-funded institute that aims to increase opportunities for UD’s women faculty. It provides many resources to support faculty.
- Faculty Senate. Coordinates faculty governance at UD.
- American Association of University Professors (AAUP). UD chapter of the AAUP represents full-time faculty members on the issues of wages, salaries, hours, vacations, sick leave, grievance procedures, sabbatical leaves and other terms and conditions of employment as set forth in the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).