Repair of equipment is accounted for separately.
Once it is determined that you are doing a fabrication, the following steps must be taken before you make your first purchase.
- Fabrication Worksheet must be filled out and returned to your grants administrator (if this is an addition to an existing piece of equipment, you will need to provide the equipment tag number)
- Grant Administrator will provide a userfield that is unique to your fabricationThen:
- You will notify the grant administrator when your fabrication is completed
- Grant Administrator will provide a worksheet listing all charges for the fabrication for your review
- Your approval that all charges are present will result in the charge being capitalized (and tag number will be assigned if not an addition to an existing piece of equipment)