Information TechnologyInformation Technology
As a faculty member or researcher, you understand the importance of storing and backing up your crucial data. Introducing Engineering File Services (EFS) – a free, expandable data storage and backup solution, with inbuilt disaster recovery capabilities. What makes EFS different from Google Drive, Dropbox or other cloud based storage? With EFS your data remains on-campus, within our high-speed network and is, therefore, capable of handling large datasets that would otherwise be impossible for a third party cloud storage solution – access your data over 2.5x faster on EFS than any cloud provider.
- EFS provides 1TB of free (forever) storage per faculty member or research group.
- Additional storage can be purchased in 1TB increments for a nominal one-time fee of $500.
- We have the ability to expand your storage up to 1.8 PB (petabytes) if needed.
- The data is accessible via: Mapped network drive, Web interface, Mobile clients (Android, IOS, Windows Phone)
- We have created a web interface to empower you to add and remove users to enable/disable access to your share folder, but we can do it for you with a help desk request if you prefer.
- The data resides on premise in the UD data center at Chapel Street.
- We are using a highly-available enterprise storage solution that is resilient to hardware failure.
- Data is backed up nightly to an alternate data center on campus for disaster recovery (DR).
- We keep 90 days of online backups and then archive to a third data center on campus.
- We will keep archive data for at least 1 year.